It is a liquid bacterial formulation specifically designed to degrade fats, oils and other food waste in the demanding environments of drains, collectors and grease traps.
– grease collectors and separators
– kitchen drains
– sewage wells and pipes
– Municipal sewage treatment plants with grease problems
– industrial wastewater treatment, especially in the food industry.
The discharge of wastewater with high fat and oil content into the sewage system of municipalities and directly into sewage treatment plants is prohibited by law (GD 188/2002 with subsequent amendments and additions, art. 5 of Annex 2, NORMATIVE NTPA-002). Restaurants, hospitals, schools and other institutions that have their own kitchens must take the necessary measures to prevent cooking oils and fats from being discharged into the sewage system. An essential and effective measure is the installation of grease traps or interceptors.
Fat accumulations are often the cause of deposits on the walls of the collecting duct, and among the consequences we mention:
– preventing proper drainage of wastewater and over time even clogging
– unpleasant odours
– attracting pests.
Enzycan is a high efficiency biological product for grease traps, associated drainage lines and wastewater treatment plants. The mixture of bacterial strains present in this product produces lipase enzymes that target the large molecules of oils and fats, breaking them down into smaller molecules, which are then metabolised by the bacteria, rapidly degrading fats and reducing the risk of build-up and blockages. The release of fatty acids from lipase activity has the effect of lowering the pH, which creates a harsh environment for bacteria. The strains in Enzycan are specially selected to work effectively in the low pH range found in fat collectors and interceptors. They have been shown to break down a wide range of materials:
– vegetable, rapeseed and olive oils
– solid fats such as lard and butter
– starch, protein and cellulose
– free fatty acids
In addition, the formulation contains no emulsified surfactants, making this product a safe and effective choice for fat collector maintenance products.
Advantages of using Enzycan:
– The optimized, application-specific, proprietary bacterial blend specifically targets and degrades all types of fats, including solid fats and edible oils.
– The surfactant in the formulation (eco-benign®) converts the fat into an ideal form for biodegradation, without emulsifying it, which could otherwise have a negative impact on the function of the interceptors and fat collectors.
– It has proven complete fat degradation down to carbon dioxide and water.
– Effective bacterial action reduces odours associated with grease traps, interceptors and drains within hours of application.
– Easily degradable eco-benign® components with reduced toxicity to minimise environmental impact.
– It continues to be active even when the pH is reduced.
– compatible chemistry of modern bacteria for maximum product performance.
– Easy dilution for manufacturers to create biological fat treatment products.
– Manufactured in accordance with recognised international standards, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
– Long shelf life of the product, both on delivery and on subsequent dilution.
Straw-yellow, cloudy liquid with natural odour; packaging in 500 mL bottle and 5 L canister.
Active substance Content
Bacillus spore strain mixture 2.00E+8 cfu/g (1X formulation)
2.00E+9 cfu/g (10X formulation)
The product targets a wide range of compounds, including proteins, starches, cellulose and fats, oils and fats from food sources. The dosing of the product varies according to the following criteria: blockage (frequency), diameter (large, small) and odour (persistence). Since the conditions of use are so varied, for a proper use, depending on the situation you are facing, please contact an ECOTECH CHEMICALS representative.However, if this is not possible, we recommend a dosage of 200 ml to 5 mc (for 1X concentration – 1 litre bottle) and 50 ml to 5 mc (for 10X concentration – 5 litre drum).Once the biodegradation process has started, we recommend weekly dosages of 40 ml respectively 10 ml.
– pH range: 4.0 – 11.0
– Temperature range: 5 – 50°C.
Shelf life: 24 months (in original, unopened packaging).